Waxing is a popular hair removal method in Georgetown and Austin. It can be a great way to get smooth, hair-free skin for any occasion. However, there are some do's and don'ts to keep in mind to ensure a safe and comfortable waxing experience.
- Do your research: When making a selection of a waxing salon or spa, it is advisable to thoroughly examine customer evaluations and inquire about their proficiency in providing waxing services for individuals with sensitive skin.
- Do exfoliate: Prior to your waxing appointment, it is advisable to engage in exfoliation as this practice aids in the elimination of deceased skin cells, hence facilitating the wax's adherence process. One may opt to utilize a mild exfoliating scrub or a body wash with exfoliating beads.
- Do relax: The process of waxing may induce a certain level of discomfort; nonetheless, it is crucial for individuals to adopt a relaxed state and engage in deep breathing techniques. This intervention is expected to alleviate discomfort and enhance the efficiency of the procedure.
- Do follow the aftercare instructions: The esthetician will provide the client with tailored post-treatment guidelines. However, in general, it is advisable to minimize sun exposure, don loose attire, and employ a cool compress on the treated area.
- Don't shave: We do not recommend shaving in between waxing sessions. We need a minimum of 2 weeks worth of growth after shaving. If the hair is shorter than 1/4 inch then we will not be able to wax you.
- Don't wax if your skin is irritated or sunburned: The process of waxing has the potential to cause irritation to skin that is already sensitive, hence it is advisable to postpone waxing until the skin has fully recovered.
- Don't pick at the waxed area: Engaging in the act of manipulating the waxed region may result in the development of infection or the formation of permanent scars. In the case of a little ingrown hair, one may consider attempting its extraction with a sterile needle. However, it is advisable to refrain from intervention wherever feasible.
- Don't swim or soak in a hot tub for 48 hours after your waxing appointment: This phenomenon has the potential to elevate one's susceptibility to infection.
It is noteworthy to acknowledge that the procedure of waxing can elicit discomfort, particularly during the initial experience. Individuals with a diminished capacity to endure discomfort may find it advantageous to contemplate the use of a topical anesthetic cream or spray. Nevertheless, it is crucial to acknowledge that these products have the potential to induce allergic reactions.
By following these do's and don'ts, you can ensure a safe and comfortable waxing experience in Georgetown or Austin at Clean Slate!