You do not know what you are missing if you have never had a facial. A facial is an excellent method of not only recharging your skin and ridding it of any impurities, but it can also prove to be relaxing. The experience is even better when it includes a few of your close friends who also need some pampering.
When it comes to facials, many individuals are hesitant because of the extraction portion of the process. Opinions on the process vary from the pain involved only causing them to wince to others claiming that the pain is bad enough to make them cry. For this reason, many second guess the prospect of having a facial. We have provided information below so you will know what to expect when receiving a facial and an idea of how much a facial will cost in Austin.
The first thing to remember is that, as a rule, a facial generally proves to be a relaxing and not necessarily painful process—but only if properly performed by an esthetician that is licensed. A licensed esthetician has been required to spend as little as 300 and as many as 1500 hours training and pass a state-overseen practical written exam.
The training and education they receive allow them to practice as an esthetician and work on the skin's outer layer, or epidermis. Their training and education also allow them to perform other specialized skin treatments, including LED treatments, microdermabrasion, light chemicals peels, and several other treatments. Under their skilled hands, you will be safe and free from any undue harm.
What Is A Facial?
Basically, a facial is a procedure involving treatment of the face's skin that will result in exfoliation, removal of impurities, and any dead skin cells. Most, if not all, facials are generally performed in days spas, beauty salons, and in some cases, a dermatologist's office. Some licensed estheticians have commonly seen employment in the private practice of dermatologists.
The specifics of a facial will often vary from one provider to another. You may only receive the basics of the facial, while in some cases, the package may include a full body massage. The treatment's facial portion involves three stages: streaming, exfoliation, and extraction. Some providers choose to also incorporate the use of facial masks, facial massages, and peels as part of the process.
The Facial Itself
It is important to note that the information provided below is very general. Remember that the actual process will depend on the procedures set down by the provider you choose to visit.
- When you arrive at your establishment of choice, you will most generally be asked to change into a robe if you have chosen a package that includes a massage of some sort. However, depending on the package you have selected will determine any preparation needed.
- You may be asked to wash your face with a specific type of soap provided, following a particular set of instructions. Some providers will ask you to lie down on one of their beds and cleanse your face for you.
- Once your skin is cleansed, you will then have your skin exfoliated. Depending on the provider, this exfoliation could be somewhat gentle, while others may choose to use a facial scrub. No matter which they choose to use, the end goal is all the same – cleaning your facial skin of any impurities or dead skin cells.
- Some providers may choose to steam your face next, while others may choose to skip this step. The steaming process allows your pores to open, preparing them for the next step –extraction. By steaming ahead of time, there is less possibility that the extraction process will be as painful. The steaming process can usually take ten to fifteen minutes.
- The final step is that of the extraction. Important to remember is that, contrary to what many believe, if you are in the hands of a licensed, gentle esthetician, this portion of the process shouldn't hurt. The process will remove any existing impurities, such as white heads, blackheads, and mild cases of acne. If the esthetician feels that any areas are too deep, they will refer you to a dermatologist.
How Much Does A Facial Cost In Austin?
When it comes to receiving a facial in Austin, the price varies, depending on how in-depth the procedure is. For basic treatments, the cost can run between $90 and $150. If more of a cosmetic component is involved, such as laser therapies and facial peels, the cost can often run over $200.
Call us today to schedule your facial at one of our two convenient locations in Austin and Georgetown.